Ok, so the title's overly dramatic, but it does kind of feel like you're switching horses in the middle of the stream when your research plans go awry like mine did a few weeks ago (thus the four week gap between my last post and this one). We now seem to be back on track, thank the Lord!, and headed in a good direction.
I won't bore you too much with the details, but suffice it to say that god has been working overtime at the Alexanders' flat this past month. What with my schools turning my original research proposal down, scrambling for a new plan, talking about life after the MPhil, and reading inspirational literature, it's been a little crazy (not to mention planning some pretty epic trips with the fam for this summer!)
In the midst of the crazy, I have been pleasantly reminded that God is a rock, unmoving, reliable, firm; even when I'm not at all. He has given me so much peace in the midst of "switching horses" and for the future - even though we really aren't sure what's next! He's also provided wonderful friends to keep me company and stretch me out of my comfort zone while Josh jaunts around the world and direction as I do some hardcore catch-up reading for this new project. Like I said, overtime in the grace department.
We are super grateful that God has us right where He wants us and that He is the voice behind us saying, "this is the way walk in it."
Going from the big picture to the littler details, I have been loving the English spring (although they keep saying summer is here... that mystifies me since I don't think we've had a day yet that I could wear a short sleeve shirt unless I'm running or biking, but anyway...), with it's open gardens, beautiful blooms, and opportunities to explore. Below are a few pics from my excursion to Grantchester. Sorry I haven't taken more pics - I really have no excuse, so I won't make one up.
Other fun and random things from my month-long absence... I was involved in a faculty photo shoot (pics below of me pretending to be studious...)
Hope you all are enjoying spring/summer as well - we miss all our peeps at home!
I won't bore you too much with the details, but suffice it to say that god has been working overtime at the Alexanders' flat this past month. What with my schools turning my original research proposal down, scrambling for a new plan, talking about life after the MPhil, and reading inspirational literature, it's been a little crazy (not to mention planning some pretty epic trips with the fam for this summer!)
In the midst of the crazy, I have been pleasantly reminded that God is a rock, unmoving, reliable, firm; even when I'm not at all. He has given me so much peace in the midst of "switching horses" and for the future - even though we really aren't sure what's next! He's also provided wonderful friends to keep me company and stretch me out of my comfort zone while Josh jaunts around the world and direction as I do some hardcore catch-up reading for this new project. Like I said, overtime in the grace department.
We are super grateful that God has us right where He wants us and that He is the voice behind us saying, "this is the way walk in it."
Going from the big picture to the littler details, I have been loving the English spring (although they keep saying summer is here... that mystifies me since I don't think we've had a day yet that I could wear a short sleeve shirt unless I'm running or biking, but anyway...), with it's open gardens, beautiful blooms, and opportunities to explore. Below are a few pics from my excursion to Grantchester. Sorry I haven't taken more pics - I really have no excuse, so I won't make one up.
And below is the view of the river behind our house. It's so beautiful this time of year!
Other fun and random things from my month-long absence... I was involved in a faculty photo shoot (pics below of me pretending to be studious...)
And, thanks to the lovely lady who works at the Salon next door, I got my hair cut for spring!
Josh has been in the States for two weeks visiting family and working hard, but he should be back in just a few hours now! Looking forward to having my best buddy back...
Last but not least, we were sad to miss my cousin's engagement party/his beautiful fiancee's bridal shower, but we're stoked to be seeing them get hitched in June!
Final pic of the faculty where I study; yay spring!
Hope you all are enjoying spring/summer as well - we miss all our peeps at home!




Comments
Post a Comment