One Step at a Time

         Today marks the fourth week I have been abroad. A few other milestones have been passed along the way as well: the longest I have gone without seeing my parents, the most time out of contact with friends, the quickest time taken to make friends (although I suppose this one naturally follows the other two). :) I have heard, seen, tasted and experienced more in these four weeks than any other comparable period in my life  thus far I believe, and the lessons learned have been both humourous and profound.

        On Saturday I left for Ireland with Michelle, a friend and Christian sister from GMU. We left our houses at about 9:30AM and hopped a bus in Gloucester Green which we took into London to catch our bus to the airport. When we got there, we thought we had finally found the right stop and we sat down to eat lunch where I bowed my head to pray. A few seconds later, this guy came up and asked if I was ok. I chuckled and said yes I was just praying, thanking the Lord for His provision (and praying He would get us to Ireland...) Long story short, we weren't in the right place and would have totally missed our bus if the Lord hadn't sent that angel! He told us where we needed to go and, as a result, we caught the right bus and made our connections. Once in Ireland, we got to the next bus station, and we took the "almost right" bus. It took us to within about a mile of our hotel, so we hauled around our 22 lb bags (WAY too much for such a short trip btw) as we trekked to the hotel. We finally settled in at about 20:30. Eleven hours of traveling is a LOT. But we learned that we could definitely be flexible and still get where we needed to go AND that we have a wonderful Father who cares for us.

        We slept in a little the next morning and then embarked on a mission to figure out what we wanted to do that day. Would we take a day tour? We decided against that because we were going to try to meet Erin, a friend who is studying in Greystones, around 16:00. We wandered around Dublin for a couple hours and decided to take a bus tour. During the course of getting a humourous overview of the city we stopped at Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells and the even more impressive Long Room! So beautiful...

More to come...

Comments

  1. Beware of the English and Irish folklore. Many a people still believe the countries are inhabited by fairies. If you see a ring of mushrooms, don't step into it.
    Also...Ima correct your grammar. 'AT ABOUT'!!!! It's either 'at' or 'about', not both.
    Do you get to go to Wesminster ever??? Beautiful place...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment