I need to make a list of things I'm thankful for here - mostly so I don't forget all of the blessings, large and small God bestows on us on an every day basis.
Hot Water. Since returning from India in March it's a rare occasion when I don't thank God for hot water in the shower. Another thing I've been especially grateful for lately is the luxuriously soft bath mat that now graces our bathroom floor (courtesy of Josh - one of the many items he brought to help make the flat our home). Keeps the toes from freezing in the morning after that amazing hot shower.
The weather. Since we've been here I think we've only had one really cold day. That is amazing. I think I can say with some certainty that I absolutely dread fall most years because I hate the cold that I know shortly follows. However, unlike ever before I have found myself enjoying the "crispness" of autumn here. Miracles never cease.
My bike. This past week I rode over 26 miles between church, grocery shopping, classes, and events. Who needs an exercise program when you get to be part of the Tour de Cambridge four evenings a week? I am very thankful for transportation in addition to my feet.
Health. When I was in England (half a decade ago... was it really that long??) last time, I almost immediately came down with what they call "freshers flu" and it took me a solid six weeks or so to kick it. The worst things that have happened so far on this excursion were an almost cold and wiping out on my bike (and a pretty bruise to go with it). I am so grateful for the Lord preserving Josh's and my health since we've been here.
Skype. I am very very thankful for skype! Technology is such a blessing, especially since it allows us to keep in touch with loved ones back home. We are so blessed to be part of the family of God.
Well, that's all for now. I'm grateful for a great many more things, like 16th century buildings, christmas lights, a church home, a boiler fireplace, and school. But as essays are pressing and I'm still learning/re-learning how to manage my time, I must be off.
Much love,
kisses from Cambridge
Hot Water. Since returning from India in March it's a rare occasion when I don't thank God for hot water in the shower. Another thing I've been especially grateful for lately is the luxuriously soft bath mat that now graces our bathroom floor (courtesy of Josh - one of the many items he brought to help make the flat our home). Keeps the toes from freezing in the morning after that amazing hot shower.
The weather. Since we've been here I think we've only had one really cold day. That is amazing. I think I can say with some certainty that I absolutely dread fall most years because I hate the cold that I know shortly follows. However, unlike ever before I have found myself enjoying the "crispness" of autumn here. Miracles never cease.
My bike. This past week I rode over 26 miles between church, grocery shopping, classes, and events. Who needs an exercise program when you get to be part of the Tour de Cambridge four evenings a week? I am very thankful for transportation in addition to my feet.
Health. When I was in England (half a decade ago... was it really that long??) last time, I almost immediately came down with what they call "freshers flu" and it took me a solid six weeks or so to kick it. The worst things that have happened so far on this excursion were an almost cold and wiping out on my bike (and a pretty bruise to go with it). I am so grateful for the Lord preserving Josh's and my health since we've been here.
Skype. I am very very thankful for skype! Technology is such a blessing, especially since it allows us to keep in touch with loved ones back home. We are so blessed to be part of the family of God.
Well, that's all for now. I'm grateful for a great many more things, like 16th century buildings, christmas lights, a church home, a boiler fireplace, and school. But as essays are pressing and I'm still learning/re-learning how to manage my time, I must be off.
Much love,
kisses from Cambridge
Comments
Post a Comment