Matriculation Day

Matriculation Day


The day we, as the Dean Emeritus so grandly put it, become Johnians (pronounced Joan-ians) for life. I am a Johnian! Along with some other amazing people like William Cecil, William Wilberforce, William Wordsworth, Douglas Adams, and 6 Nobel prize winners. I am honored, incredulous, thankful. I want to share this special and ceremonious day with you via pictures. Enjoy!


Getting ready before the Matriculation Photo - dressed smart


My French friend Sophie and I


The line of freshers


Only in Cambridge...


More freshers (both grads and undergrads)


Individual pictures


Waiting in New Court for individual pictures



Another view of New Court


It's like a dream some days... Thank the Lord for perfect weather


Matriculated! Officially a Johnian


Everyone heading to Matriculation Service in the Chapel


My Indonesian friend, Melisa, and I


Requisite Matriculation Selfie


Going into the Chapel


So beautiful



Getting ready to listen to our world-renowned choir


Gorgeous


The wonderful gentleman sitting next to me offered to take my picture.

All in all, it was an amazing day; maybe a life-changing day. Only time will tell, but until then, St. John's beat Trinity!

Comments

Post a Comment