Long story short, Ireland was AMAZING. Certainly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life and absolutely covered with the fingerprints of God. :) By the way, my Daddy also got me back home to Oxford safely with loads of good memories and many breathtaking photographs.
The reason I originally titled this grouping of thoughts the way I did, is because of some of the lessons I learned both while in Ireland and over the course of my time here. I have realized my own struggle with impatience in an undeniable and very poignant way as I have met new people and had deep conversations here. I want so much to pursue the calling that the Lord has laid on my life that it is difficult to be content within the moment and remember that He still is preparing and equipping me as I walk this road. Just because I have seen a part of the destination doesn't mean that I should (or even can) skip the scenery along the way. In fact, if I try to do that I only end up lost and frustrated.
The very first Sunday I arrived I answered an altar call, inviting those who wanted to meet with God to come and be with Him, to be prayed for, and to seek Him. It was a little out of my box (especially since I didn't know anyone) but I wanted that intimacy. The woman who prayed over me was truly a Godsend and since that time the Lord continues to encourage my heart to seek His face (Psalm 27). As I have traveled a little in the UK and had many free moments for reflection and time in His presence, I have come to realize that my God doesn't expect me to grow up all at once. Just as it takes years for us to leave the toddler and adolescent stages of life, He doesn't expect us to become spiritually mature in a weekend, a month, or even a year. It is an ongoing process and though we are to press in, there is no need for discouragement when we stumble. He knows we are only flesh and yet He loves us, picks us up, dusts us off and sets us back on the path He has for us. This isn't to say there are never consequences for willful disobedience, but even the chastisement that comes out of our rebellion springs from the love of a Father who wants us to know Him and love Him. This knowing and loving is really the aim, the goal, the purpose of existence and the spring of a real and lasting joy. It is why we glorify Him, it is why He came. I am grateful to YAH for these precious lessons and whispers of mercy, longsuffering and loving-kindness. He has blessed my heart in a new and incredible way and as I seek Him, I pray He will continue to reveal Himself.
This prayer is for you all as well, my brothers and sisters. As I remember you in my conversations with Him, "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Eph. 1:17-19a) May the Lord, because of His unchanging nature and love for His people, remind you of the great and precious promises He holds for you as you progress on this earthly journey and may He guide you one step at a time.
The reason I originally titled this grouping of thoughts the way I did, is because of some of the lessons I learned both while in Ireland and over the course of my time here. I have realized my own struggle with impatience in an undeniable and very poignant way as I have met new people and had deep conversations here. I want so much to pursue the calling that the Lord has laid on my life that it is difficult to be content within the moment and remember that He still is preparing and equipping me as I walk this road. Just because I have seen a part of the destination doesn't mean that I should (or even can) skip the scenery along the way. In fact, if I try to do that I only end up lost and frustrated.
The very first Sunday I arrived I answered an altar call, inviting those who wanted to meet with God to come and be with Him, to be prayed for, and to seek Him. It was a little out of my box (especially since I didn't know anyone) but I wanted that intimacy. The woman who prayed over me was truly a Godsend and since that time the Lord continues to encourage my heart to seek His face (Psalm 27). As I have traveled a little in the UK and had many free moments for reflection and time in His presence, I have come to realize that my God doesn't expect me to grow up all at once. Just as it takes years for us to leave the toddler and adolescent stages of life, He doesn't expect us to become spiritually mature in a weekend, a month, or even a year. It is an ongoing process and though we are to press in, there is no need for discouragement when we stumble. He knows we are only flesh and yet He loves us, picks us up, dusts us off and sets us back on the path He has for us. This isn't to say there are never consequences for willful disobedience, but even the chastisement that comes out of our rebellion springs from the love of a Father who wants us to know Him and love Him. This knowing and loving is really the aim, the goal, the purpose of existence and the spring of a real and lasting joy. It is why we glorify Him, it is why He came. I am grateful to YAH for these precious lessons and whispers of mercy, longsuffering and loving-kindness. He has blessed my heart in a new and incredible way and as I seek Him, I pray He will continue to reveal Himself.
This prayer is for you all as well, my brothers and sisters. As I remember you in my conversations with Him, "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe." (Eph. 1:17-19a) May the Lord, because of His unchanging nature and love for His people, remind you of the great and precious promises He holds for you as you progress on this earthly journey and may He guide you one step at a time.
Comments
Post a Comment